A post appearing on the usitc.gov website outlining new rules for eDiscovery that are to go into effect 30 days after publication in the Federal Register. A Federal Register Notice describing the rules was published on May 15th, and a link to that notice is provided in the posting on the U.S. International Trade Commission website. The post in the link above states, in part, "The Commission’s new e-discovery rules help ensure that parties more tightly focus their e-discovery requests and responses, which is intended to:
- cut costs for parties in section 337 investigations;
- lessen discovery-related burdens for parties;
- reduce the number of discovery-related disputes;
- result in fewer discovery motions before the Administrative Law Judges; and
- enhance the timely resolution of section 337 investigations."